Jobs In Tennis
The Eno CTA is always looking for Tennis Talent. Please view the open positions below and apply. We look forward to talking with you soon!
The ideal person would be a trustworthy, ethical, “team player” with a “CAN DO” attitude, who loves tennis, is familiar with the USTA organizational structure and programs, understands the role and purpose of a Community Tennis Association (CTA), and has a “Big Picture” vision for promoting and developing the growth of tennis in the Chapel Hill-Durham area.
● College preferred or equivalent work experience with at least five years of tennis experience (tournaments, leagues, professional instruction, et al.)
● Well organized, with multi-tasking skills, and a willingness to work some weekends.
● Experience in leadership and management of volunteer staff with good interpersonal skills.
● Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
● Hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
● Experience with non-profit environment; prefer management experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Maintain the integrity of Eno CTA in conjunction with the Mission Statement, as defined by the Board of Directors
● Assist the Board in long-range planning and goal setting.
● Work with the Treasurer to prepare annual budgets and provide quarterly financial reporting to the Eno CTA Board.
● Recognize customer service as the first priority and encourage ongoing awareness and education of staff to meet the objective of excellence.
● Adhere to the Eno CTA Bylaws and other policies.
● Manage the volunteer and instructor staff, and create an atmosphere of harmony among staff members and between staff and Board of Directors.
● Hold regular staff meetings to ensure a working understanding of other staff member’s functions and responsibilities, and promote continuing education opportunities for staff and Board.
● Keep the Board apprised of the business of Eno CTA, the USTA and the Chapel Hill-Durham area.
● Ensure that Board directives are being carried out and that committees and staff members are working together.
● Oversee all Eno CTA programs and events.
● Promote Eno CTA and the sport of tennis to the community.
● Help to secure sponsorships for Eno CTA events.
● Be familiar with the Eno CTA website, making sure it remains up-to-date on upcoming events and activities.
● Maintain a professional and effective working relationship with the USTA North Carolina and Durham Parks and Recreation.
● Be knowledgeable of potential grants for Eno CTA and stay current on qualifications and filing of appropriate applications.
● Create a harmonious relationship among CTA representatives, club owners, managers, and tennis professionals.
● Attend training and education workshops including the USTA North Carolina CDW, Annual Tennis Weekend and Community Development Meetings.
● Supports USTA North Carolina Initiatives
● Fundraising experience, in addition to the items listed above, based on skill set and interest, the Executive Director will serve as either the Tournament Director or League Coordinator for all Eno CTA sponsored programs.
This is a part-time position. Salary range is from $20-$24k per year + yearly bonus potential. Applicant must live in the Triangle area - this is not a remote position.
Thank you for your interest in the Executive Director position at Eno Community Tennis Association. Please include the following information when applying for this position:
1. A cover letter expressing your interest in the position
2. A resume detailing your tennis and management experience
3. A list of three references including phone numbers
Please submit these materials in either .doc, .docx, or .pdf format to Kim Roberts at email@example.com
Eno Community Tennis Association is always recruiting tennis instructors for our numerous clinics we offer throughout the year.
Education/Training: Work requires analytical, communication and organizational skills generally acquired through two years of secondary education
Previous experience working with and instructing adults is preferable but not necessary.
Ability to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities to a group of participants.
Excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of energy, enthusiasm and motivation, maturity, and the ability to work effectively with members and other professional staff
Requires flexible work hours such as mornings, evenings and mostly weekends
Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a high school education
Will be required to complete USTA Safeplay certification
AMERICAN RED CROSS CPR FOR THE PROFESSIONAL RESCUER is preferred.
USTA RATING OR COMPARABLE TENNIS PLAYING ABILITY
Please email Kim Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.